Автобусни и самолетни екскурзии Албена Калина Палас- гр.Трявна Почивка на село Почивка на село

Оферти

GABROVO
GABROVO GABROVO GABROVO GABROVO GABROVO GABROVO GABROVO

GABROVO

BO
starstarstarstarstar

0 дни 0 нощувки
Офертата е актуална: от 14 Март до 31 Юли
Резервирай Изтегли ценова оферта



Gabrovo 

Gabrovo lies 220 km east of the capital Sofia, 150 km northeast of Plovdiv (the second biggest city in Bulgaria), 274 km west of Varna (the biggest Bulgarian port on the Black Sea) and 153 km south of Ruse (the biggest Bulgarian port on the Danube). The strategic location of the town and its proximity to the geographic centre of the country define its significance as a transport junction.

The House of Humour and Satire Museum is a cultural institute for humorous and satiric art of international and worldwide significance. It was established on the foundations of an old leather factory on the ‘deceitful’ April 1st (the international day of joke- Fool’s day) in 1272 and it is a dignified successor to the local folklore humour, as well as of the amusing carnival traditions of Gabrovo – the Bulgarian capital of humour.

Under the motto ‘The world has survived because it has laughed’ the house develops versatile activities - it is a museum of laughter, a gallery of the world humorous art, an informational centre, a place for entertainment, as well as a tourist attraction both for the old and the young.

Museum guests are offered an amusing walk around the permanent exhibitions (‘The Roots of Gabrovo Humour’, ‘Paradise’, ‘The Sin’, ‘The Mask - the Face of the Feast’, ‘Long Live the Carnival!’, ‘World Carnival in Postage Stamps’), children’s amusement room “Gabrovo Planet”, temporary exhibitions of comic art, as well as numerous interesting attractions (joke-bank, distortion mirrors, figures of the famous Gabrovo cat with a cut-off tail, sheep bells/’chanove’/ meant for exorcism of evil spirits, disguise in carnival costumes, etc.)

The Historical Museum takes an important place in the cultural life of Gabrovo. The beginning dates back to the first museum collection initiated in 1883 in Aprilov High School by the school principal Raicho Karolev. Nowadays the museum is housed in a beautiful baroque building built in 1904. Its rich collection includes 90 000 exhibits from the Paleolithic era, the late-ancient civilization on these lands (IV-VI centuries BC.), the First and Second Bulgarian Kingdom, the Ottoman Empire, the Revival period and the industrial boom, up to present days. Among its valuables are the following: Remains from the life of the first modern people in Europe; A numismatic collection; The second most important collection of traditional and urban clothing and accessories; The first Bulgarian banknote of 20 Bulgarian levs, etc.

The main exhibition is called ‘Gabrovo and Gabrovians’. It traces the early beginning, progress and advancement of Gabrovo, starting from a little settlement of the protectors of the pass and turning into an enlightened town of craftsmen up to a centre of the textile industry. Five expositions represent a banker’s office, sample exhibition stands, stylishly-furnished drawing room of a well-off Gabrovian family in addition to a church plates collection made by a local master goldsmith. In the central hall ceremonies are held to honour citizens who have contributed to the town’s history.

The National Museum of Education is housed in the building of Aprilov National High School. Founded in 1974 the museum is the only one of its kind to represents the development of Bulgarian education from 19th century up to the present. Vasil Aprilov’s private library is preserved there, along with the books written by Aprilov – ‘Morning Star of the New Bulgarian Education’ (1841), ‘The Bulgarian Scribes’ (1841), ‘The Bulgarian Charters’, etc. The museum exhibition is allocated into 5 halls. The old school where the method of mutual instruction and the system of pupil teachers was used is of great interest.

The Assumption Church ‘The Assumption’ church is a masterpiece of the Bulgarian Revival church architecture. It is located in the central part of the town and was built in 1865 by the great Renaissance Master Gencho Kanev. It was sanctified in October 26th 1866. In 1872 Bishop Ilarion Makariopolski was ordained as a Bishop of Tarnovo. The church has a form of basilica with a nave and two aisles, two domes and two rows of four columns. The master was also the creator of the decorative ornaments of the church which consist of stone reliefs of plant and animal patterns. The iconostasis was made of lime tree only for three years /from 1882 to1885/ and it is a remarkable model of the post-Liberation woodcarving. It was declared a cultural monument of national importance in 1976. In the little garden by the church there is situated the St. Petka of Gabrovo Chapel - the spiritual patroness of the town.

Church of St. John the Precursor St. John the Precursor’ Church is soaring in the central part of the town. It is remarkable with its wood-carved iconostasis made by Master George Rezbar /meaning “woodcarver”/ in 1814. The tomb of the great Bulgarian revolutionary Todor Kableshkov is situated in the church courtyard.

Trinity Cathedral Trinity Cathedral is located in one of the busiest shopping streets in Gabrovo. It is imposing as a composition and interesting in terms of both architecture and artistic design. It was built by the great master Gencho Novakov. It was sanctified on November 5th 1889 by Climent - Bishop of Tarnovo.

Sokolski Monastery Holy Mother's Assumption Sokolski Monastery “Holy Mother's Assumption” is situated 10km southeast of the town of Gabrovo, near the village of Charkovo and the popular ethnographic complex “Etura”.

Sokolski Monastery “Holy Mother’s Assumption” was founded in 1833 by archimandrite Yossif Sokolski. He came in the area of today’s monastery together with hieromonk Agapi and the same year they built a small wooden church and a residential building nearby the entrance of a shallow cave. A year later, both constructions were torn down and replaced with the present imposing temple.

The newly-built church was blessed in 1834 by the Turnovo metropolitan bishop, Ilarion of Crete. A school started functioning in Sokolski Monastery in 1836. Thus, the holy cloister has turned into an educational centre where the famous Bulgarian Neofit Bozveli was a teacher.

The monastery took part actively in the struggle for national liberation of Bulgarian nation. In 1856 the detachment of armed volunteers of Dyado Nikola found their shelter here. Turkish defeated the detachment and after that 8 of the revolutionaries were hanged in the cave nearby the monastery. During the April uprising the detachment of rebels of Tsanko Dyustabanov was formed in the monastery and this is the place from where Gabrovo detachment set off for its way to immortality, but freedom. The Apostle Vassil Levski found his shelter here, too.

During the Russian-Turkish War of Liberation the monastery was turned into a military hospital. A small museum collection keeps the relics from the period of the struggles for liberation.

The icon of “Holy mother with the Son”, situated in a small iconostasis on the left side of the church, is believed to be wonder-working.    Residential and farm building in Sokolski Monastery were built in Revival style. In the middle of the monastery yard is situated a beautiful white stone fountain with eight spouts . It was built in 1865 by the famous master Kolyo Ficheto.

Dryanovo Monastery The historical Dryanovo monastery, St Archangel Michael, is situated about 4km away from Dryanovo in the picturesque gorge of the Dryanovo river where limestone rocks rise high on all sides of the gorge as inapproachable forest walls.

It is believed that the first monastery in this place was founded some 2km to the north of the present-day buildings, in an area called The Little St Archangel. Its founders were two rebel boyars of the then-capital city of Turnovo –the Assen and Petar brothers. In the 14th century, the holy place was one of the main centres of Hesychasm and sheltered many monks. At the beginning of the 15th century, the monastery was destroyed by the invading Ottoman troops. Later on, it was reconstructed on a neighbouring site, known as the Big St Archangel, but the fate of this monastery was no happier than that of its predecessor. The Dryanovo monastery was restored anew at the end of the 17th century, this time in its present-day place. The main church of that time had a single nave and was half-hidden in the ground. It was standing very near to the present-day church; besides it, there was also a secondary shrine.
The renovation of the monastery was started at the time of father Rafail, during the 40es of the 19th century. The current residential buildings rising from the side of the river were built at that time, while the new church was finished in 1845. Gradually, the renovated Dryanovo monastery became a religious and cultural centre and one of the largest and well-kept cloisters in the region of Turnovo.
Dryanovo monks took active part in the Bulgarians’ uprisings and plots against the Ottoman rule. One of the main quarters of the Bulgarian Central Revolutionary Committee in Turnovo was located exactly in the monastery and famous rebel leaders such as Vassil Levski and Georgi Izmirliev were often to be found there. There was a secret storeroom for food and arms, which was the reason why rebel leaders Priest Hariton and Bacho Kiro used the monastery as their fortress at the time of the April uprising. Only a small number of the Bulgarian rebels survived the battle with the Turkish troops, while the monastery was again set on fire with the church being the only building that is left relatively intact. The most recent reconstruction of the complex was carried out shortly after the Liberation. A new residential part and a museum were added to the existing buildings. The bell-tower was erected in 1925.

National Park-Museum Shipka The Shipka peak is 28 km distant from the town of Kazanlak, and 22 km from the town of Gabrovo. Comfortable bus transport is provided from both towns. The access to the National Park-Museum “Shipka” is very much suitable for car tourists. The numerous cafes and restaurants in the area are also available to the visitors, as are two hotels. Today Shipka is in quiet. The once battlefield has been turned into an open-air museum – the National Park-Museum “Shipka”. It was created in 1956 and encompasses the area of the historic places related to the defence of the Shipka Pass during the Russian-Turkish War of 1877/78. It is a complex of monuments, reconstructions of positions, batteries and dug-outs. he first monuments were Russian and were built in 1878-1881. The Bulgarian monuments on the Shipka battlefield are of the 3rd and the 5th  bodies of volunteers (1910) and the Monument of Freedomon Sveti Nikola peak (nowadays Shipka peak), unveiled in 1934. Each year on 3 March and in August of Shipka thousands of Bulgarians gather to commemorate the fallen heroes and to celebrate the victory that bore the freedom of Bulgaria.

The humour carnival in Gabrovo originated from the old traditions and festivals held in town, i.e. the Gabrovo Oleliynya (street festivities) and the 1920s fancy-dress parties. This inimitable carnival ranks the town of Gabrovo among the rightful members of FECC (Foundation of the European Carnival Cities). The annual carnival procession in May draws thousands of visitors and participants from Bulgaria and abroad. "Letting go of its tail" in a ceremonious way, the famed Gabrovo cat takes the lead over the high-spirited, boisterous and versicoloured crowds of dressed-up Gabrovians and visitors along the streets of Gabrovo.

Travel agency SPA HOLIDAYcan arrange trips and sightseeing in Gabrovo region. We can meet the tourists at the Sofia airport and arrange their entire stay in Bulgaria - transportation, accommodation, guide and more.
We always try to satisfy the individual desires and interests of our clients and it will be our pleasure to make your visit in Bulgaria just unforgettable!