Автобусни и самолетни екскурзии Албена Калина Палас- гр.Трявна Почивка на село Почивка на село

Оферти

TRYAVNA
TRYAVNA TRYAVNA TRYAVNA TRYAVNA TRYAVNA TRYAVNA

TRYAVNA

BO
starstarstarstarstar

0 дни 0 нощувки
Офертата е актуална: от 14 Март до 31 Март
Резервирай Изтегли ценова оферта



TRYAVNA

Tryavna lies halfway the Sofia-Varna route (250 km. away from each), 170 km. from Plovdiv, 219 km. from Bourgas and 130 km. from Rouse. The railway line linking North to South Bulgaria runs trough it. Daily trains and buses connect Tryavna with Sofia and Gabrovo.

The population of Tryavna is approximately 10 000 people.

According to historical data the region around the modern-day town was inhabited by Thracian tribes. A settlement had existed there as early as the 18th century, and by the 19th century the town had already become a cultural and craft centre. During the Bulgarian Revival Period (18th – 19th centuries) Tryavna Artistic School was established in the town.

Tryavna still keeps the spirit of this period even today. THE CLOCK TOWER – one of the symbols of Tryavna, stands in the centre of the town. It was built in 1814 and is 21 m high. The tower was declared an architectural-construction monument of culture of national importance by virtue of publication in State Gazette, issue No 96 of 1967.

The works of Tryavna Artistic School are displayed in several museums.

SLAVEYKOV’S HOUSE is situated next to Daskalov’s House. The poet Petko Slaveykov (1827 – 1895) and his wife Irina raised all their children there. A special exhibition of documents tells about the artistic careers of Petko and his son, poet Pencho Slaveykov.

The Old School where visitors can see how classes went back in 1893 is also located in the centre of the town. Part of the exhibition at the school-museum includes textbooks, aids, certificates, etc. Visitors will also find an interesting collection of watches from different historical periods and a collection of paintings by artist Dimitar Kazakov (1933 – 1992) there. The Church of Archangel Michael, which, according to local legends, was built in the 12th centuries is located in close proximity to the Old School. The wood-carved iconostasis and the wall-paintings are of interest to visitors. Archangel Michael Temple, which, according to local myths dates back to the 12th century as well, is also in the vicinity.

THE TRYVNA SHKOLO (or school) - set up between 1836 and 1839 and ranked among the first secular schools in Bulgaria. Petko R.Slaveikov, an influential writer, settled down to a life of a teacher here. One of the earliest ever known book depository in Bulgaria (1847) was set up here. The refurbished building of the shkolo holds several interesting museum collections of documents and authentic objects which feature the Enlightenment period in Bulgaria until the Liberation. A display of time-pieces from the Ancient times to the beginning of the 20th century is collected and restored by Georgi Vezirov. It can be seen in the museum. A permanently-on-show art collection which is donated by the two brothers DIMITUR AND NIKOLA KAZAKOV is of special interest. Temporary exhibitions are on at the school as well.

RAIKOV MUSEUM-HOUSE - typical example of late National Revival architecture in Tryavna. Built in 1846 by master builder Dimitur Sergyuv, the spacious, two-story house overlooking the street is a symbol of the spirit and self-confidence of the Revival-period man. Originally the home of the scientist Pencho N.Raikov, the "father of Bulgarian chemistry". Exhibits within concen¬trate on the domestic life of late nine¬teenth century. This was the house where Pencho Raykov – the first professor of chemistry in Bulgaria, was born. The house and its yard were declared architectural-construction monuments of culture of national importance by virtue of publication in State Gazette, issue No 96 of 1967.

THE ASIAN AND AFRICAN ART MUSEUM presents part of the donation made by the bulgarian sculptor Zlatko Paunov to the municipality of Tryavna.It consists 200 works of art originating from Tibet, Nepal, China, India and some african countries, all objects from the collection are unique, they have mainly ritual purpose, dating from different periods in the history. Many masks used for voodoo magic and pagan rituals are displayed at the museum. Most African masks depict demons with lowered eyes.

DASKALOV MUSEUM-HOUSE - with the ceilings of the never-setting suns . Built between 1804 and 1808 by master builder Dimitur Oshanetsa and his assistant Ivan Bochoukovetsa, the house typifies an early National Revival building in Tryavna. In 1808 both men made a bet and contended for the mastery of the ceilings which took them 6 months to carve. Even today the sun motifs remain an unrivaled eminence of wood-carving craftsmanship. The house holds the one and only in this country museum of wood-carving, as well as wood-carvings and wood sculptures of Bulgarian khans and czars, bas-reliefs of outstanding figures from the National Revival period - all these being the handiwork of Gencho Marangoza, a distinct master wood-carver.

ANGEL KUNCHEV MUSEUM-HOUSE - built about 1805. Documents and domestic life exhibits follow the life and revolutionary work of Angel Kunchev, the struggle of the townspeople to break the shackles of the Turkish Yoke as well as the participation of the town in the Russian-Turkish War of Liberation (1877-1878).

MUSEUM OF ICON-PAINTING AND WOOD-CARVING - housed in the Czar's chapel built between 1943 and 1944, and donated to the town by Czaritsa Joanna. The museum treasures the one and only collection of Tryavna icons from the 17-th to the turn of the 19-th century. Over 160 original icons represent the creative output of the six renowned families of icon-painters. The exhibits on display rank among the most fascinating artistic samples of the school. Along with the icons, authentic icon-paint¬ing tools, designs, guidelines, etc., are on display.

The old street of Tryavna lies on the other side of the 19th century bridge which was also declared an architectural-construction monument of culture (by virtue of publication in State Gazette, issue No 96 of 1967). Many wood-carving workshops and souvenir shops can be found there. The shoemaker’s shop (where leather shoes are made) and the workshop where national costumes are sewn are located in this part of Tryavna. Art lovers should not miss visiting the art galleries in the town.

Situated in Central Stara planina, the town of Tryavna is a fine place for mountain tourism. There are marked tourist trails to the two peaks in the Tryavna Region – Golyam Krastets (2034 m) and Barzovets (897 m). Chapels are built on the peaks – St. Ivan of Rila and St. Sofia, Vyara, Nadezhda and Lyubov (St. Sofia, Faith, Hope, and Love). There are rest spots and shelters in the area. Other marked trails can be found in Balgarka Nature Park which stretches over parts of Tryavna and Gabrovo.

There are quite a few hotels and family guesthouses that provide accommodation in Tryavna and the region. There are many restaurants and venues in the town where interesting meat old-recipe cooked dishes are served.

Travel agency SPA HOLIDAYcan arrange trips and sightseeing in Gabrovo region. We can meet the tourists at the Sofia airport and arrange their entire stay in Bulgaria - transportation, accommodation, guide and more.

 

We always try to satisfy the individual desires and interests of our clients and it will be our pleasure to make your visit in Bulgaria just unforgettable!